Re: [Healeys] Left is right

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Left is right
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:29:05 EST
In a message dated 11/29/09 8:23:18 PM, healey.nut@gmail.com writes:

> The reason Britain, Japan and, at one time, Sweden drive on the left is
> because they are maritime nations; their economy was based on the sea. When
> these maritime nations were developing their Rules of the Road for
> automobiles in the early 20th century, they turned to Rules of Road that were
> already in place; Maritime Rules of the Road

But that doesn't exactly explain to me why, in prehistory, probably a few
years before there were maritime rules of the road, the British (or Celts, or
whatever they were calling themselves at the time) were already following
the convention of driving their hauling vehicles on the driver's left as
proven from archaelogical records.
Gary