Re: [Healeys] Lights & loom query

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lights & loom query
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 18:31:23 -0500
Simon,

For others' information I believe you have a MK 2 BT7  ??

The wiring from the stator tube comes out of the tube and goes up to plug
into the four Lucas tube/bullet connectors of the main harness. These should
be located in the immediate vicinity of just under the sliding bonnet latch
assembly. As the stator wiring goes across the X brace in front of the
radiator, a single barbed clip with a raised semicircle relief clips the
harness to the X brace very near the middle of the X.

Main front loom to side lights. I already sent you pics of the location of
the right and left main harness plug-ins for side and head lamps. The wiring
coming out the back of the sidelamp boot is wrapped back along side the
cylindrical body of the boot where an "O" ring is rolled over boot and loom
to keep it tight to the boot ansd away from the front tire. From there the
side lamp wiring goes inboard, under and forward of the inner wing splash
panel where it then goes up and plugs into the main forward harness.

Head lamp wires (high beam, low beam and black earth wire) are plastic
coated and are braided together from where they exit the headlamp pot.These
braided loom goes up and over the top of the iner wheel arch. A barbed
spring clip holds them to the top flange of the inner wheel arch. Once
inboard, they plug into the main forward harness.

Rich Chrysler