Re: [Healeys] Tyres

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tyres
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:20:40 -0000
Alan,
Nankang have been making tyres in Taiwan since the 1940's.  They seem to
have variable reviews with different comments for different sizes.
Manufacturing quality control is hard to maintain and they may suffer from
that.  One tyre company (a number of years ago) had problems simply because
the night staff opened an external door to let cooler air in and that
affected the bond between metal bracing cords and rubber.  It cost a lot of
money because one guy on the production line was warm!

Old Michelins tend to have a low pressure in them through neglect, that is
the probably reason for <quote> a bit of a tendency to blow out on the road
<endquote>!

Guy R Day