Re: [Healeys] Tyres

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tyres
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:18:25 -0500
Alan is right about the Michelins.  I had a XZX with good tread of
indeterminate age, but over ten years old, separate the tread last year.
Fortunately I wasn't going fast.  Bought a new set of Kumhos from Tire
Rack to replace them.
Charlie

Alan Seigrist wrote:
> I don't know too much about Nankang, except they are based in Taiwan.  These
> days that's more or less a good thing, but likely most of the product is
> made in China.   If their quality control is good, it could be good stuff,
> hard to say.  A bit of a risk.
>
> Definitely do not keep use those old Michelins.  Old Michelins (even with no
> wear) have a bit of a tendency to blow out on the road - dangerous.
> Alan
>
> '52 A90
> '53 BN1
> '59 Jag Mk IX
> '64 BJ8
>

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Keith Bailey <keithbailey5@bigpond.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi All
>>        I am currently look at new tires for my BT7 I have on the car now
>> Michelin XZX which would be approx 10 years
>>        old and lucky to have 10% wear. My local tire dealer suggested
>> Nankang
>> Tires which are less expensive and can
>>        replaces every 4 years or so. Has any one got any experience using
>> the
>> tires and which series are they
>>        the size requires are 165x15
>>        Regards Keith

> You are subscribed as mgcharlie@comcast.net
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]