Re: [Healeys] Speaking of tire Pressure

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speaking of tire Pressure
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:32:05 +0100
I heard another claim for using nitrogen. The nitrogen molecules do not
travel through the rubber, oxygen molecules do, so if you use nitrogen,
your tire pressure should remain constant.
A load of bollucks!!.
The only valid claim may be that it may be dryer, however I very much
doubt if anyone would notice a difference. I do not know how it is
produced and I would not trust off hand that the water content is not
much the same as in the air it was produced from.
As for condensation in the tires, I have never ever seen water inside a
tube or tire, not from a car, not from a bike, not from a motor bike.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL