Re: [Healeys] Gas and ethanol

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gas and ethanol
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:12:33 +0100
Since your engines were designed to run on leaded petrol there should be
no problem at all running on aviation petrol. If you use the recommended
oils there should be no problem either.
It is correct to replace al rubber parts with modern items as the old
rubber is usually not resistent to modern fuels. This is a very common
cause of gum and debris in your fuel. Also replace plastic connectors or
T-pieces in the fuel line if still present. They will break up to
causing a fire hazard.
Kees Oudesluijs