Re: [Healeys] Hub nuts

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hub nuts
From: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:57:33 +1000
Many thanks for all your replies. I managed to fabricate an effective box
spanner using a Landrover hub nut spanner (6 sided) and my home-made 8 sided
spanner. Turns out my axle casing is an early one with RH threads both
sides. I was fooled by the filler plug on the rear which on closer
inspection is a later addition, presumably when the 3.54 diff centre (no
filler on diff carrier) was installed. I have the same situation on the
other car, except that there's no filler except the breather hole!

Cheers

Peter