Re: [Healeys] Stripes/Racing stripes??????????

To: AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB <healeys@autox.team.net>, raymead@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stripes/Racing stripes??????????
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:34:33 -0800 (PST)
Wikipedia to the rescue:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_stripe  Fitch
and Whitmore created the Fitch Whitmore LeMans Special from Whitmore's XK-120
in 1951. In 1952 Fitch was hired to drive the Cunningham C2 at LeMans which
featured the dual blue stripes over the white body.  Given the Fitch-Whitmore
connection, could be he was the source of the stripes. BTW, meeting and
talking to John Fitch is a great experience.  He's a true old-school
gentleman.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo