Re: [Healeys] Conversion to BJ8 calipers

To: <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Conversion to BJ8 calipers
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:29:32 +0000
The quick answer is NO.  The early 3000 calipers (type 14) have a distance of
3-1/4" between the mounting hole centers. The BJ8 calipers (type 16) are
3-1/2" center to center.
Having said that, one could plug the holes on the early 3000 caliper mounting
brackets, re-drill and tap the brackets for the BJ8 spacing. The early and
late rotors are the same diameter but the BJ8 rotors are 1/2' thick while the
early rotors are only 3/8" thick.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon