Re: [Healeys] overdrive planetary alignment

To: Ed Woods <fogbro1@comcast.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] overdrive planetary alignment
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:36:07 +0800
There's nothing bizarre about this at all.  The annulus will still
rotate around the sun wheel even if the planetary gears are installed
one or two teeth off from equidistant distribution.  The annulus will
simply rotate off centre to the sun gear, and the planetary gears will
mesh slightly out of alighnment.

The dots help make sure each of the planetary gears are mounted
equidistantly from each other, that's all.

Alan