Re: [Healeys] Concours Judging Advice Needed Please

To: "Jim LeBlanc" <jim_leblanc@yahoo.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Concours Judging Advice Needed Please
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 00:50:50 -0400
Hi Jim,

The obvious answer to me would be to go after the items that are most at
fault (engine compartment, interior and soft trim, boot and loose equipment)
and see what you can do to rectify these areas.

I am not at all familiar with the particular set of judging sheets or series
of car you refer to but I can pretty well imagine from experience what is
likely most at fault here.
1. Engine compartment: wrong screws and fasteners, I.e. Posidrive screw
heads required on later BJ8's, British style hex heads on bolts, obvious
older leaks, wrong paint finishes, wrong or non period components fitted.

2. Interior and soft trim is the most common downfall in Concours with poor
fitting or wrongly shaped seats, wrong carpets, poor fitting panels, door
seals, etc.

3. Boot and loose equipment, wrong or missing tool kit, wrongly bound or
installed Armacord, wrong battery or hardware, non matching spare
wheel/tire.

Hope this helps

Rich Chrysler

From: "Jim LeBlanc"