[Healeys] Healey Marque May edition

To: "Reid Trummel" <editor@healeyclub.org>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Marque May edition
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:41:05 -0400
So much for that 3 minute skim May edition.

Reid,  when are you going to get the picture that most of us hourly wage
Healey Marque
recipients can't even begin to wrap our minds around these special interest
car articles that
you choose to waste 10 to 15 pages a year on, in OUR magazine.   Surely you
have enough
articles from the common readers to fill up the monthly magazines that we can
all relate to.

Salt flats, deep pocket replicars with broken crankshafts, trips to Australia.
I suppose its nice
that a few chosen ones can afford these and have a need to do these things and
thats fine.
Go for it, but why do you need to spread it across half of the magazine that
should be for everyone.  Its boring and a waste.

Lets get back to the tangible stuff like tech tips, personal restorations and
do it yourself repairs.

No, I certainly couldn't even come close to putting together a mag that is the
quality of the Marque but maybe
you should offer a special edition to those who really care about the "super
dooper salt flat mobile" and offer it
as just that , A Special Edition" offered  to those that have an interest in
such an elaborate undertaking.

I did enjoy the one page that you gave to Norm Nock.  I would have liked to
have read and seen more.  What a great Healey man.

Can't wait till the June edition,

Mark LaPierre
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html