Re: [Healeys] Motor Oil

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Motor Oil
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:17:36 -0700
It occurred to me to use The Google on this ...

According to several articles I read, if properly stored--between
45-80degF and dry--the recommended maximum shelf life is 5 yrs. (that's
a manufacturers' recommendation, so you can probably get away with
longer).   Like Kees mentioned, some additives can settle out so it's a
good idea to shake the bottle if it's been sitting too long.

I asked because I stocked up on 20W-50 before they took all the good
stuff out.

bs

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net