Re: [Healeys] Motor Oil

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Motor Oil
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:29:54 +0800
Well - call me an idiot but I put several quarts of 10 year old Castrol
20-50, which was improperly stored, in my Mk IX.  I figured if there was any
mold or bacteria in there the heat would kill it and the filter would get
it.  so far no probs with the Mk IX... but the oil definitely runs a little
dirty.  I had to stir it up, and the oil was cloudy after stirring, rather
than clear as before... but it works just fine.   I have the same problem
here in HK, I can't get oil with the good stuff in it here.  I now just buy
the ZDDP additive and use whatever I can get here.

I suspect the synthetic oil will probably keep longer, as it is likely
sterile.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html