Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiator / Overheating

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiator / Overheating
From: "Ray Carbone" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:25:43 -0400
Rich/Chris,

 Thank you very much for the information.  Surprisingly, after 46 years of
5K
 RPM shifts, my engine seems to be still running strong.  However, after
 recent compression and vacuum tests, indications of warn rings, valves, and
 guides were obvious.  I was not looking forward to a total rebuild and
 originally considered doing a valve job and piston rings with engine in the
 car.  But then, the old "while I have it apart this far, why don't I ...."
 hit and that was that.

 I appreciate your direction and will definitely be following your
 suggestions.

 All the best,
Ray (64BJ8P1)
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html