Re: [Healeys] Questin to Trim (Concours)

To: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Questin to Trim (Concours)
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:28:00 -0400
Josef,

There are standard deductions for carpet that is other than the original
Kar-vel. The new Karvel we see today has a standard deduction of 5 points,
while a wool blend in cut pile is also a standard 5 point deduction. Nylon
cut pile is 10 points while any loop pile is 15 points. Wilton wool is 7
point deduction.
A car trimmed in leather everywhere where vinyl was original application
would be deducted on every panel and surface that takes place. As Gilbert
pointed out, these deductions would be for lack of originality, while if the
colour and application, fit, etc. was neat and clean, there should be no
loss for condition.
I just went down the scoring page for interior and soft trim and quickly
found a loss of at least 19 points for a BN1 or BN2 if it was fully trimmed
in leather. I would wonder why somebody would do that on purpose if their
intention was to have it judged in our National Concours Registry criteria.

Rich Chrysler