Re: [Healeys] Questin to Trim (Concours)

To: <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Questin to Trim (Concours)
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:10:10 +0200
Rich,
Many thanks for your detailed answer.
Only your answer gives me more questions.
When I restore a car and reassemble it as nice as possible, lets say to make a
Show Car, I would go to better quality material as originally used. Otherwise
keeping the car with its original equipment, just to spend more time in fixing
all right and tidy, better as the factory has done it.
Coming back to Concours, that means I can't take this car to Concours, as it
would not even reach bronze level. And on the other hand a car reaching gold
level in Concours can be seen by a non Concours expert as of "average"
quality.
So when I want to insure both cars, the inspector of the insurance company,
who does not know anything about Concours correctness would valuate the gold
level car much lower than the "Show Car". Here in Germany potential buyers are
looking very close to the valuation of the insurance company to get a feeling
of the value of a classic car.
I am just looking for any reason of a car owner to go the hard way of Concours
restoration.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----