Re: [Healeys] spin on filter update

To: "'S and T Miller'" <stmiller96@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] spin on filter update
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 21:20:08 -0400
If you read the ratings closely, anything is better than Fram. I would still
be concerned considering my experience with Sears in which the same TV, for
example, has a different UPC and model number than if you were to buy it at
a Best Buy. My big screen TV in my den is identical to the one being sold at
Costco but it had a different model number from the same one at Sears. Same
warranty, Same instruction book except for the model number but Sears had
free shipping. Go figure. Something in the deep dark recesses of my mind
tells me that there are slight differences. With something so important as a
Filter, I would feel a lot more confident if I were to buy it from a NAPA or
similar store that does not have the clout to force a manufacturer to cut
corners to meet a price just to get shelf space at a Wal-Mart. My daily
driver has another 85,000 miles on the drive train warranty. My Healey does
not.

John Sims, BN6

Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com