Re: [Healeys] dentist epoxy for car restoration

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] dentist epoxy for car restoration
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:28:46 -0700
Yep (only not dentist's epoxy).   JB Weld works pretty good, but there are
epoxies especially formulated for plastic
that work better (on plastic).  In some instances cyanoacrylates (i.e. 'crazy
glue') work better on smooth surfaces, and
I've had good results with Gorilla Glue, but epoxies are best if you need to
build up a shape or fill a large gap (like
in your teeth).  Usually, it helps to rough up the surfaces no matter which
glue you use.

YMMV.

bs

--