Re: [Healeys] dentist epoxy for car restoration

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] dentist epoxy for car restoration
From: <ggilliam@usol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:31:18 -0400
Years ago I used JB Weld to attach new sections of the flange on my rear
shroud to replace sections that had rotted away. I tried the Alumaweld, but
could not get the stuff to stick to the very pitted metal.
  With alot of clamps and heat lamps, accomplished the repairs in the
middle of winter.

 Gordy

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:30:03 -0700, I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just used Alumaweld to repair a bunch of holes in my shroud. It uses a
> propane torch to weld the material. They have a video on the site where
> they
> use the product to build up a broken alternator bracket, drill it out and
> then re-install the alternator.
> *http://tinyurl.com/25ktnmw   NFI*
> *
> *
> ***The car is ready for paint!!!  I found a good PPG code for ice blue
and
> OEW.
> *
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Elton Schulz
> <eschulz@frontiernet.net>wrote:
>
>> I'm using epoxy to repair some areas of my rear shroud.
>> Elton, BJ7 in progress
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Costanzo" <
>> grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>

Has