Re: [Healeys] Great Healey folks

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, edic <edic@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Great Healey folks
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:08:15 -0800 (PST)
This issue seems not be limited to Healeys.  I am looking at restoring my 100
BN2 sender that has a float leaking like a sieve among other problems. I
sourced an early bugeye sender for parts but I did came across the following:

http://www.google.com/search?q=FORD+Sending+Unit+Fuel+Tank+Brass+Float
(you can substitute FORD with Chevy/Chevrolet,...)

>From one of the descriptions these floats are about 2 inches wide and an inch
>and a quarter across.  For sale between $5-12.  Again I have no experience
>with this I just thought it might be useful to someone.  For this price it
>might be worth checking out.

Bert