Re: [Healeys] Great Healey folks

To: "'Bert Van Brande'" <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>, "'Oudesluys'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Great Healey folks
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:19:17 -0500
This is the float that is noted on the "Local Parts" page of my site. I
bought one at the suggestion of another lister and am very happy with it. I
remember that when I bought mine from the local Ford dealer, he mentioned
that I was probably going to use it for an old car. With respect to bending
the tip of the wire that holds it as some have suggested, I found that
practicing on an old failed sender unit, I could not do it properly without
warping the wire totally out of shape so this Ford float fits the ticket.

Now, I am sure that someone will ask why I have an old failed sender unit.
Beats the heck out of me. Winter project is to go through all of my
cabinets, etc. in the garage and separate the broken junk from the good
stuff.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com