[Healeys] Pistons

Subject: [Healeys] Pistons
From: ynotink at msn.com (WILLIAM B LAWRENCE)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 08:02:56 +0000
I think the term "bucket lifters" refers to the use of off the shelf GM
lifters, Maybe Buick or Oldsmobile which were used in place of the standard
lifters, the OEM lifters are more like heavy slugs, to reduce reciprocating
forces in the valve train. The GM lifters were hollow and lighter than the OEM
pieces. Since the pushrods made contact with the lifters deep inside the
hollow you would also need to install longer push rods. This modification is
one you might want to try if your intent is to build an engine with a higher
than standard rev limit.
Bill Lawrence

> Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:58:40 -0800
> From: bspidell at comcast.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pistons
>
> OK, I give up.  What are 'bucket lifters' WRT a Healey OHV engine (and who
supplies them)?  The only references to
> 'bucket lifters'--besides Tonka Toys--I could find were WRT OHC engines.
>

> bs
>

> On 2/19/2011 8:29 AM, Wayne Schultz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently rebuilding my BJ-8 motor. I am interested in a set of JE
pistons and wonder if anyone on the list has
> > the specs for JE pistons that they are happy with. I am trying to not
reinvent the wheel.  These will be going into my
> > street motor along with a slightly hotter cam, balancing, bucket lifters,
lightened flywheel, etc.  I have a set of
> > NOS  Hepolite 4 ring pistons .020 over that I can use, but they are pretty
heavy and come with a solid oil ring that I