Re: [Healeys] 100-M carburetors

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-M carburetors
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:40:13 -0700 (PDT)
Henry / Alan & others
   I am fitting up a pair of H-6s /Le Mans
carbs.  You are talking about the
clamps on the throttle shaft hitting
the bolt head that holds the heat shield
to the exhaust header?  My
engine is out of the car and so I can't see any
possible clearance
problems that might come up with the cold air box.  I was
thinking of
cutting down some spacer blocks to 1/8-1/4" just to give some
insulation
 between carb and manifold and to add clearance for the throttle
shaft.
 What kind of problems will I run into with fitting the cold air box?
    I am also adding a small heat shield between the manifold and the float
bowl of the left hand carb.
Regards
Ray Juncal
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html