[Healeys] Rust removal analysis (long)

Subject: [Healeys] Rust removal analysis (long)
From: jackson_krall at yahoo.com (Jackson Krall)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 09:14:26 -0700 (PDT)
Tadeusz,
Here in NY I have been using a metal and cement prep/etch product that I get at
Home Depot. I don't have it in front of me so can't give you the name of
product but it is phosphoric acid and found in the paint dept. I have been
using it to derust a Bugeye. Apply a coating, let sit overnite, then scrub and
rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat, etc. Labor intensive, tedious, but it works.
It's acid and some metal is theoreticaly lost but nothing significant. HD also
has a soy(I think)based product, Rust Remover, made by Zep, that works well and
sometimes I use both. Someone on the list once suggested using a parts cleaner
pump to keep the liquid moving over the part being derusted. This should speed
up the process and I'm going to try it.
Best
JK