[Healeys] Motor vehicle insurance in US

Subject: [Healeys] Motor vehicle insurance in US
From: eyera3 at gmail.com (I Erbs)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:45:02 -0700
When I was in England a couple of summers ago, I spent more on insurance,
that I did on the rental. My wife asked me why, as I typically do not buy
extra insurance in the States. I told her that I wanted to not worry about
wrecking the car while I learned to drive on the other side of the road. If
I burnt it to the ground, I wanted to throw the keys in and walk away. When
I returned the car it had been brush washed on the left side of the car from
front to back. The attendant looked at the damage, and then at my coverage
and said nothing about the scratches....
That said, I have never seen miles of hedge rows in the States....
Cheers