[Healeys] re-bleeding brakes

Subject: [Healeys] re-bleeding brakes
From: ah at jharper.demon.co.uk (John Harper)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:41:11 +0000
May I add something here.

On front drum brake big A-Hs that fit Girling units, the adjusters allow
the pistons to remain part way up the cylinders. The shoes will
therefore not push the pistons fully in. This sometimes leaves air in
the cylinders. The fluid can therefore pass straight from the input pipe
to the outlet pipe or bleed nipple. In this case it is necessary to
fully slacken the adjusters and allow the pistons to be fully pushed
home in the cylinders.

Regards

--
John Harper