Re: [Healeys] Asbestos

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Asbestos
From: robert westcott <55healey@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 09:32:19 -0800
Also be careful when you remove the washers and bolts that hold the
panels to the footwell.  Mine had rusted and were caked with
asbestos.  I had my shop vac running
right next to them as I worked them through the holes.
I replaced the screws and bolts  with 10-32 stainless ones to hold
down the Hardie Board.
ACE hardware even had stainless fender washers that were almost
exactly the same size as the originalwashers (only thinner).
I sprayed the old panels with clear "Chip Guard" a softer plastic
spray and soaked them before trying to remove them.
I used this same spray on the new Hardie Board panels to seal them
from oil and spills as well, it soaks right in.
Double bagged the nasty old stuff and dropped it off at hazardous
waste.  I still have an extra piece of Hardie Board if anyone needs it.

Rob

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html