Re: [Healeys] Radio part number

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio part number
From: "RACarbone" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:42:19 -0500
May be a little late but hear goes.

As I understand, the radio was a common add-on at the dealers and in the US
Motorola was probably the most common supplied with the BJ8.  My 64BJ8P1 was
dealer (Pontiac/Austin Healey) ordered with a radio and delivered with only
the antenna.  After a few weeks of dealing with a confused dealer, I made a
complaint and visit to the US importer/distributor located in northern NJ and
was provided with a BMC AM transistor positive ground push button radio with a
clear plastic face plate with bBritish Motor Corporation stamp below the
numbers.  After having changed to negative ground, the radio has been on the
shelf in case I ever convert back.  Examining the radio, all paper stickers
were lost over the years and there was no manufacturer stamped into the metal.
A very faint outline that may have come from an original sticker seems to be
bLong Ten_e S28750b.

Good luck with your search,
Ray Carbone (64BJ8P1)