[Healeys] Radio part number

Subject: [Healeys] Radio part number
From: healeyguy at aol.com (healeyguy at aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 10:22:51 -0500 (EST)
Taking off from the original console question. Maybe someone can look this one
up. Is there a listing for a factory part number for a radio?  I have always
been under the assumption that all radios (and speaker) where added by the
dealer. I understand that not all cars were delivered to a dealer but I don't
remember seeing a part number. I don't have access to my BJ8 parts books
presently. Thanks
Aloha
Perry

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Correction on the BJ8 console question

Greg -
I am sure there are better experts on the list, but I have seen the
riginal factory radio set ups and it consists of a special radio with
n oval speaker mounted to the top of the radio.  Needless to say
here is no modern equivalent.  There are, however, many sizes of car
peakers available and you can usually find one that is a rough
pproximation.
Note that most of the cars in the US were fitted with US radios by
ealers, so some dealer installed radios won't even have the speaker
n top....
Best,
Alan