[Healeys] PCV needs fresh air too

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] PCV needs fresh air too
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:28:45 -0500
I have been looking at the Healey aftermarket PCV set ups for the last couple
of years and still fail to see where the fresh air is coming in on your
systems.  The only way in is through the air filter on the rear carb and you
guys are taking that out of the system completely or a vented oil filler cap.

I'm not  sure yet about the Healeys but on other brit cars the hose
on the filter case is in the middle of the filter so the air is being
filtered
before going to the valve cover.  This hose should be drawing fresh air into
the valve cover not pulling, or pushing it into the air filter.

If you take a look at the early Brit systems they have a fresh air inlet
either through the vented oil filler cap or the  restricted line from the carb
filter to the valve cover or some even had an air pump driven by a belt.  If
your not running a vented filler cap or running a hose from an air cleaner
then it appears to be defeating the purpose of venting.  Your just
recirculation saturated , polluted air through your engines.

Flame away,    Mark