Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge

To: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:16:09 +1100
I used to have a Ford powered, Lenham bodied Sprite Coupe. It had a
smiths oil temperature guage just like you describe, but didn't have
oil printed on the face. It was just a mechanical smiths temp guage.
180 degrees is normal operating temp for engine oil.
A threaded adaptor had been welded into the sump, which the bulb was
screwed into. The sender and tube were to all intents identical to a
Healey water temperature sender.
I think they were a pretty common aftermarket accessory in the day.

Sent from my iPhone