Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:12:05 +0100
The gauge is a universal oil temperature gauge. In fact it is identical
to the water temperature gauge but with oil instead of water on the
face. The range of 110 degrees Celcius is a bit low, however for normal
applications they are fine. It is when you go out racing that the oil
temperature will get near or over 110 degrees. These gauges can also be
had in the range up to 130 degrees. I have several in my old boxes of
junk, mechanical and electrical, 110 or 270 degrees sector dial.
Kees Oudesluijs