Re: [Healeys] PCV related

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] PCV related
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 19:50:45 -0800
I have a tri-carb and the front intake manifold has a small plug with
a square top and a larger 5/8" slotted screw plug. They are both
steel. The smaller one is 3/8 - 28 TPI. I cannot see the other one
very well but it appears to be a coarser thread. The small plug is
solid and the square portion is 1/4" long and the threaded portion is
7/16". I took it out to measure it. It is possible that someone may
have used red locktite which takes heat to break.

Do you have a square easy-out? That might help once you have a hole
drilled deep enough for it to grab. If you are having a hard time
drilling it out you might have a very dull bit. I have a Drill Doctor
bit sharpener; great tool.

John