[Healeys] Starter, Generator Repairs yville.ca.mail.comcast.net>

Subject: [Healeys] Starter, Generator Repairs yville.ca.mail.comcast.net>
From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (john spaur)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:24:46 -0700
Jack,

I recently had a local autoelectric shop replace the cloth on the
field coils. It cost around $38. I replaced the bearing and rivets
because they did not have the original style but they could have done
that two and I installed the new brushes - very easy stuff. They
recommended against having the commuter turned because they can
crack; you can check it to see how worn it is. A generator rebuild
should cost around $100. You need the drive end bearing, commuter
brushes, the rear bronze race and possibly the two springs that press
the brushes against the commuter.

John