Re: [Healeys] Starter, Generator Repairs

To: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Starter, Generator Repairs
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:24:46 -0700
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s1024; t=1334960698; bh=umEUwkqciwQv3WKSX0vkZ7UEg6l53/LVPE8TOXrNFNI=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:Date:To:From:Subject:Cc:In-Reply-To:References:Mime-Version:Content-Type; b=a67MXdQWR9h/n8K5Q7g3N+5Y4UU74DYocBALkM+Z7ktK81o2Tzd9y/+jmhLXLAdzvHcBZbltFZzVI2c7N86gCQEYxj2C6Xb0UNCCvjymkPS3RoWjIvgnKTEqwwUPV5owOGCp6csUXOgq+0auh1KiRTBr6afzANdW3pqyCdGXd5A=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:Date:To:From:Subject:Cc:In-Reply-To:References:Mime-Version:Content-Type; b=0XnbZwEzEPAbq3OakfO/98ihZ7emNkHdu3CTSZlAlThIvdpIXVY98/WYCZp5IFNCoB8sOfTNVTP7tnXCT05YkSGQyuK6B3rMti2KRm5u39DWw+1GE8DS18CMB7PRjtQyUeclTyeTUaf5/zu1cAPTbP4hfc0fUihHGllvcPypsQM= ;
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Jack,

I recently had a local autoelectric shop replace the cloth on the field coils. It cost around $38. I replaced the bearing and rivets because they did not have the original style but they could have done that two and I installed the new brushes - very easy stuff. They recommended against having the commuter turned because they can crack; you can check it to see how worn it is. A generator rebuild should cost around $100. You need the drive end bearing, commuter brushes, the rear bronze race and possibly the two springs that press the brushes against the commuter.

John