[Healeys] Ignition Problem BJ8

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Ignition Problem BJ8
From: Jonas Payne <JPayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 20:06:38 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
For the past 2 weeks, my car has been starting just fine, and can run at idle
indefinitely, but within minutes of taking off for a drive, conks out and will
not restart - no spark.  Initially, after a few minutes, the car would restart
and run for about 30 to 40 seconds before conking out again.

Finally it would not start at all.  At that point, I swapped out the coil and
condenser with one from an operating car and it still wouldn't start.

Over the weekend, I disconnected the "security circuit" at both ends, and also
discovered that the nylon washer /capacitor/ground/ points post in the dist.
Were assembled in the wrong order.  Upon fixing this, the car fired right up.

Today, it fired right up, warmed up  to operating temp, and within 1 minute of
running, conked out and will not restart.

Any ideas?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084