Re: [Healeys] Ignition Problem BJ8

To: Jonas Payne <JPayne@ThorCon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ignition Problem BJ8
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:08:52 +1000
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding :content-type:message-id:cc:x-mailer:from:subject:date:to; bh=icyeM/llhdDoYh/Prm1gNe5qfgAo/a+SWa1pHfOweeo=; b=RsNXgaBuzyrpAmE5cnQjMf1BSLTCpq+BKRPB9RjFkcd1nCXhany59dR0r6XpNowfF0 N9UvpBXkoaj02AjvCE8FAJ3Ii/0/1lNlRniyG6eGT832roHdi9Br4MeCekfwcqnI1/Lm phIvv8PR+qVjVFWgaNxnHNnXnAwDGejaYJa6VL/jkFYfCIDBJH4/kUbvt7MehzFgngsp HvrqZZ4kJJAJlJaTK90+Lo+6C9L7xkjVFiDVzoITIz6EkcuQrMGoa0gS5JvWmMU1jyim TdDIZWllFI3ox4tYQoC/laYIAHm0S0IHOTymSWndzC1cf7Z7sA5MeWU7FZu0Qv+5UaWr gZPg==
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Hey Jonas,
Good to hear you've narrowed it down. Although its a new tank, check that the
tank pickup isn't blocked.
Is it an SU pump?
Couple of issues here. There are SU  suck pumps, and SU push pumps. Suck pumps
are meant to be mounted in the engine bay. If you put a SU suck pump near the
tank, you'll only get a dribble at the carbs.
Check the model number if the pump you've got.
Second possibility is its a low rated Su pump, e.g off a mini or sprite. These
pumps deliver about half the volume of fuel a BJ8 spec pump delivers.
Other option is a blocked filter, or a kink in the fuel line (look around the
front crossmember where the fuel line makes 90 degree turns); or a perforated
diaphragm in the new pump.
Good luck!
Best
Chris