Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Brake booster fail locks brakes on

To: "Chris Dimmock" <austin.healey@gmail.com>, healeys-bounces@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Brake booster fail locks brakes on
From: healey.nut@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:28:48 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-rim-org-msg-ref-id:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:reply-to :x-priority:references:in-reply-to:sensitivity:importance:subject:to :from:date:content-type:mime-version; bh=JtwtscvS8Jq9YZKhVu5HGsCMSG2VqGJmGZg87J74QMo=; b=PHkA96XXOI8V+MKGfRRK247tGbvLCVv30TiMvLejK5BTuYkl1/oqAUW9SEZYWdNmXy fYy8LyUZjLwYUILoHqR1Ou6pP3sA+RXxOF3+IzYYys0IhZ2Aa9Awa3D5d6iq5KaDNuuR g8GzfkUicI0fevm9HJelR7jRP3WZn6mv93isGbXSpi40KiCwbO+jFC1FcIWbji6ElWvU LMDoQ2F4YP4golXV0jZ6IlgehVtwqpMR9fhY8vAxCYTZz/DUNDKg0XHVVaZVAQoZrCRw 0S3KbE6ZI0n1VvzO2tYuEY8CeYFzoqoReQNqv94PX3ge+gG/2rwe7ofuFD6Vr+OE8IHH Y7Ow==
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Chris -

The rubber seal used under the leather seal of the vaccum piston needs to be
cut in about half.  The leather seal only needs a slight amount of pressure
from the rubber to work properly.

Many kits use a rubber seal that's either too firm or too big, and it causes
the piston and the can to lock shut.

Very common problem for years.

Hope that helps.

Alan