Re: [Healeys] ring gear

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] ring gear
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:34:17 -0500
I used a cold chisel on mine to get the old one off.  Heated the new one in
the kitchen oven and chilled the flywheel in the refrigerator and tapped the
ring gear on.  I had some wood blocks set up on the floor near the oven so I
could get it done quickly.  Also used a length of 2 x 4 that spanned the
diameter of the flywheel, and tapped on that to get the ring gear seated
properly.  Note which way the teeth are beveled on your old one and make
sure you get it right the first time.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry