Re: [Healeys] BN1 and BN2 front fenders - check me on this please.

To: <fiat500f@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 and BN2 front fenders - check me on this please.
From: "Mark Donaldson" <ardmorebusiness@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 12:10:08 +1300
The plot thickens!

My Austin Service Journal page:  VOLUME 26  CARS   BODY 3   dated
August 30, 1956

shows the distance from the top of the wheel arch to the top of the
panel measuring 9 (22.86 cm) for the BN1 and 7 > (19.68 cm) for the
BN2.

Ive just checked my BN2 and the distance is as Ive always known it
to be, 7 >.

The difference on between all BN1 and BN2 front guards that I have
ever measured has always been 1 <.

The page on Larrys site clearly shows different measurements.

It is dated 5 years later  11 August 1961  and states that the new
measurements cancel the earlier ones from 1956.

It also shows a 3000 car outline, whereas the 1956 page shows just the
RF 100 guard (fender).

In every other respect the wording and part numbers are EXACTLY the
same.

Now we cannot have body panels with the same part numbers having
different dimensions.

Could Austin have made a goof?

Something is screwy.

Mark Donaldson