Re: [Healeys] Registry

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Registry
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:21:28 -0400
John, I suppose that any owner who does not join one of the two national
Healey clubs will not know about the registries unless they are told by
someone, or stumble onto it as you did.  Both clubs publish a list of
registries in their magazines.  I leave a BJ8 Registry "business" card in
every BJ8 I can't identify when I go to British car events.  Unfortunately,
those rarely seem to generate any response.  I think the importance of
documenting each car is more visible to the registrars than it is to most
owners.  It's a bit frustrating to me to consider that people can decide not
to support the BJ8 registry without first giving me a chance to describe the
benefits of doing so.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry