Re: [Healeys] fluid reservoir cap

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fluid reservoir cap
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:55:50 +0200
An old mechanics trick is to use a length of bicycle tire containing the
valve. Using tire repair cement fold one end over to make it air tight.
stretch the other (open) end over the neck of the reservoir, which
should be filled to the brim, and tie to the neck securely to form an
airtight seal.  You now can inflate the tire to a few psi and bleed the
brakes. Do keep the fluid level topped up which means dismantling and
refitting the whole cabudle several times. It needs patience, is not
very convenient but it does work. I used it many a time when nothing
else was at hand.
Make sure though that the tire will not burst for obvious reasons.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL