[Healeys] 100 heater core

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 heater core
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:45:50 -0800 (PST)
I have a spare but broken smiths heater core for the 100,  since these are
becoming rare I am contemplating restoring and re-selling it (on ebay)
The
reproduction now available from Moss is hideous and cost $500.

The problem is
a blockage and leak in the last round element,  the element seems to have
burst so the "serpentine" fins are loose too in this area.   I assume this
could be boiled out or dipped in acid to remove rust and crud and the element
can probably be soldered shut.  No big risk in trying repairing myself or
going to a radiator shop.

Does anybody have experience in restoring a
heater core and willing to share some tips?

thanks

Bert