Re: [Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition

To: "josef-eckert@t-online.de" <josef-eckert@t-online.de>, "Healeys, Forum" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Points vs electronic ignition
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:16:37 -0500
Try driving it 6000 across Europe in 47 days then tell me about points vs
electronic:):)

---- "josef-eckert@t-online.de" <josef-eckert@t-online.de> wrote:

=============
I think its a philosophical question points vs electronic ignition. I am an
electronic engineer and working as the electronic expert for a company who I
think sells most 123 Ignition electronic systems here in Europe. The 123 is far
superior to any other electronic system like Petronix, Lumenition, etc and
extremely reliable. That`s my job to promote these electronical systems. My own
Healeys I run with points. When driving my Healeys I want to have the feel and
technology of a classic car and not a modern. My daily driver has all these
gimmicks I enjoy, but I do not need in the Healey. For me its like having a
Rolex Daytona watch and changing the mechanical clockwork for an elecrical one.
With the Healeys I want to feel these not perfect technology of the 50s/60s and
can control and dominate it. That gives me my satisfaction driving a Healey or
other classic car. But I am happy to sell as much electronic equipment I can.
Electtronic ignitions are superior definitely, but that`s not
 what I want in my classic cars.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany