Re: [Healeys] Healey 100-6 Inner sills and outer rockers

To: "'Mike Tobin'" <ahbt71@gmail.com>, <shepard7107@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey 100-6 Inner sills and outer rockers
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 07:36:01 +1100
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
G'day

My first Austin-Healey was a BN1 in the early 1970s. It had been extensively
raced during the 1950s and by the flexing of the chassis/body you could tell
the car was definitely well used.

When I was using it in hillclimbs and the like with tight corners the right
hand door used to fly open right on the crucial point of the corner.

Nothing that a barrel bolt from the local hardware store couldn't fix.

Then there was the 100S that had subframes and a body that used to sway with
the corners. That had barrel bolts too.

Austin-Healey chassis do flex considerably, which is the reason why
Kilmartins offer a chassis with an extra piece of vertical metal in the
middle.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia