Re: [Healeys] Thread Chasing

To: ahbt71@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thread Chasing
From: Larry Wendland <bighealey3k@aim.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 17:27:18 -0500 (EST)
I'm resending this due to the first reply got bounced by the system
monitor.

Mike,  You can try the thread file and or a set of what I call
jeweler's files or other wise known as needle files,  Harbor Freight
has several sets of "Precision Needle File Sets" that range from $3.49
to $7.99.  Bye the way, thread files come in two sets, so be careful
about the thread pitch you chose.  Take a machinists scale and count
the threads.  I don't now if the threads are S.A.E. or British
standard.  The needle files may be the best bet if the thread files
don't have the correct pitch.

Larry
'67 BJ8