Re: [Healeys] Thread Chasing

To: ahbt71@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thread Chasing
From: Larry Wendland <bighealey3k@aim.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:06:02 -0500 (EST)
Mike,  I have the two thread files in my hands now.  They are made by
"Blue-Point" part numbers "TF-1124" and "TF1127.  1124 has pitches 11,
12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 & 24.  1127 has pitches 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 26,
28 & 32.  The teeth are not that sharp and are good for cleaning up
lightly damaged threads but not good for cutting new threads on heavily
damaged ones.  If the correct die isn't available, the needle files are
a better bet and lots of patients.

Larry
'67 BJ8