Re: [Healeys] Fire Extinguisher

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fire Extinguisher
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:37:14 +0200
For automotive use get a 2kg/4lbs or more fire extinguisher. Best is a
Halogen extinguisher is you can still get hold of it. They are outlawed
nearly everywhere by now. I managed to get hold of quite a few that are
now in the cars, garage and kitchen. They have to be checked about every
two years.
The alternative is a CO2 or other foam extinguisher but this will need
frequent renewing/servicing, about once every year.
If all else fails you can use a powder extinguisher, however check your
insurance policy first. If it gives good cover do not use it and let the
car burn as the powder gets everywhere and is highly corrosive which
will only show after a couple of months/years when things are starting
to rust through from the inside.
Powder extinguishers need to be checked about every two years.

The checking/servicing intervals can vary from country to country.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL