Re: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion

To: Chris Scholz <drscholz@visioncenterpc.com>, Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:05:11 +0000
Chris,

I did a conversion job on my 100/6 a few years back. Two things turned out to be
crucial (i) was balance and (ii) was purpose. The advice that I received was
that for fast road work rear disks and front drums were preferable so that the
greater braking was applied to the driven wheels. For rally or other similar all
round disks were fine but it was again critical to ensure the balance.

I rebuilt mine with for fat road and occasional rally and hill climb and it was
fine on everything I used it for including track and hill climb. I would also
advise that you look at the suspension set up as a whole to ensure that it can
handle the extra braking well. If I recall I ended up with stiffer shocks and
bushes and an anti-dive bar.

Peter